<

>

Actor Rob Lowe slams Bella Thorne for insensitive tweet about California mudslides

"This attitude is why people hate celebrities/Hollywood. Bella, I’m sorry you were inconvenienced," Lowe chided. "We will try to move out our dead quicker."

Rob Lowe of The West Wing fame took on actress Bella Thorne after her insensitive tweet about not being able to make it to her boyfriend's concert due to the road closures from the mudslides which destroyed lives in coastal town of Montecito.

Rob Lowe tweeted: “This attitude is why people hate celebrities/Hollywood. Bella, I’m sorry you were inconvenienced. We will try to move out our dead quicker.” (Source: Papercity Mag)

On January 10, Thorne’s tweet read, “F—k u 101 so santa Barbra (sic). I’m missing my boyfriends (sic) first date on his tour.”

Bella Thorne tweeted “F—k u 101 so santa Barbra (sic). I’m missing my boyfriends (sic) first date on his tour.” (Source: Hollywood Reporter)

To which Rob Lowe responded: “This attitude is why people hate celebrities/Hollywood. Bella, I’m sorry you were inconvenienced. We will try to move out our dead quicker.”

More than seventeen people with ages ranging from 3 to 89 have been confirmed dead due to the horrifying mudslides which devastated several homes in Santa Barbara. Over 40 others have been reported missing and unaccounted for.

A bookshelf remains inside of a home that was destroyed by a mudslide on January 11, 2018 in Montecito, California (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

The search for the missing inhabitants grew highly urgent from Thursday, amid growing concerns whether the misplaced persons would ever be found. The death toll is expected to rise sharply in the coming days.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said that some people had been rescued on Thursday. He also added, "In disaster circumstances there have been many miraculous stories lasting many days and we certainly are searching for a miracle right now." 

The 20-year-old Disney star who got her break on Disney Channel's Shake it Up and My Own Worst Enemy, deleted her controversial tweet and tweeted once again raising concern about the calamity. She said, “F—k just caught up on some news had no idea why 101 was shut down…get home to your family safe."

An urban search and rescue dog searches for victims at a home destroyed by a mudslide on January 11, 2018 in Montecito, California. 17 people have died and hundreds of homes have been destroyed or damaged after massive mudslides crashed through Montecito, California early Tuesday morning. (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

The Santa Barbara County offered majorly fluctuating figures with regards to the missing persons report throughout the day on Thursday. A spokesperson also reported in a shocking announcement that the absent people toll had increased from 16 to 48.

However, within the hour the County apologised for the announcement and asserted that the actual count was eight, attributing the mistake to clerical errors which caused the misinformation.

Resident David Weinert remarked, "How does that happen? That's a crazy mistake to make."

The Sheriff later in the day had to, however, update the residents that the absent toll had increased to 43. He based the number on missing persons reports filed with the police as well as inquiries from worried family members living in the County. He also stated that over twelve people have sustained grave injuries, ABC News reported.

A resident looks into her car that sits in mud and debris from a mudslide on January 11, 2018 in Montecito, California (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Rob Lowe followed up his tweet with another post in solidarity with the bereaved residents of Montecito: “More terrible stories of loss today. Friends missing, some gone forever. Pray for Montecito and know: EVERY day could be your last. Embrace that.”

Rob Lowe via Instagram (Source: nydailynews.com)

NEXT PAGE

Page 1 / 2